Florida is home to a diverse array of wildlife, from raccoons and squirrels to iguanas and bats. While these animals can be fascinating to observe, they can also become a nuisance when they invade homes and businesses. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the various wildlife removal and exclusion services available in Florida, as well as tips on how to prevent future infestations.
Common Nuisance Wildlife in Florida
Florida’s subtropical climate and diverse habitats provide an ideal environment for a variety of wildlife species. Some of the most common nuisance animals found in Florida include:
- Muscovy ducks
- Rodents (such as rats and mice)
For more information on specific species, check out our blog:
Common Nuisance Wildlife Found in Boca Raton.
Wildlife Removal Services
When dealing with nuisance wildlife, it’s crucial to enlist the help of professional wildlife removal services. These services typically include:
- Trapping and relocating: Capture and removal of the animal using humane traps, followed by relocation to a suitable habitat.
- Exclusion: Identifying and sealing entry points to prevent future infestations.
- Damage repair: Repairing any damage caused by the animal, such as chewed wires or insulation.
- Sanitation: Cleaning and disinfecting the affected areas to remove any potential health risks, including droppings and urine.
For a list of our recommended wildlife removal services, visit:
Recommended Animal Control Services in Delray Beach.
Wildlife Exclusion Services
Preventing wildlife from entering your home or business is an essential step in avoiding future infestations. Wildlife exclusion services typically involve:
- Inspection: Identifying potential entry points and vulnerabilities in the structure.
- Exclusion measures: Installing barriers, such as wire mesh, vent covers, or chimney caps, to block entry points.
- Structural repairs: Repairing any damage that may provide access for wildlife, such as gaps in siding or holes in the roof.
For more information on exclusion services, visit our blog:
Controlling Bats: Migration Patterns and Exclusion Services.
Preventing Wildlife Infestations
In addition to professional wildlife removal and exclusion services, there are several steps you can take to minimize the chances of a wildlife infestation:
- Regularly inspect your property for signs of wildlife activity, such as droppings or chewed wires.
- Keep trash cans and compost bins securely closed to avoid attracting wildlife.
- Trim tree branches away from your home to reduce access points for animals.
- Eliminate potential food sources, such as pet food or birdseed, which may attract wildlife.
For more tips on preventing wildlife infestations, visit our blog:
Prevent Iguana Infestations.
Dealing with nuisance wildlife in Florida can be challenging, but professional wildlife removal and exclusion services can help keep your home or business safe and pest-free. By taking preventative measures and seeking professional assistance when needed, you can protect your property from the damages and health risks associated with wildlife infestations.
Are you facing a wildlife problem in Florida? Contact Wildlife Removal Services of Florida today for safe, effective, and humane solutions to your wildlife issues.