Bat Removal and Cleanup
Bats serve a significant role in many ecosystems as the primary predators of flying insects. With fewer and fewer caves and trees to call home in natural habitats. Many bats are migrating closer to social structures. While bats are essential to the circle of life, they can also carry rabies and other infectious diseases or bacteria. An obvious threat to humans and even the family pet. As well as other household pests – bats infestations should be taken care of promptly. It is essential to find professional assistance, especially when considering the health risk that the bats may present.
Bats in Attic Removal Cost
There is no one solution for all bat infestations. Depending on the size of the infestation and the amount of damage, the cost will always vary. You can give Wildlife Removal Service of Florida a call today for a free estimate. Just dial 561-212-9255.
Some factors that may affect bat removal cost:
A home’s attic is an incredibly attractive location for female bats that need a warm, protected space to raise their young. An attic infestation will almost always include more than a single bat colony.
Bat Exclusion Cost
Bat exclusion may cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars depending on the colony’s size, state laws, and accessibility. Bat exclusion service is the only humane and legal way to prevent bats from returning to their roost in your home.
This usually involves these four steps:
- Inspection. Inspect the premises for any entry points, the colonies’ size, and what species of bat. The professionals use this info to decide the best way to go about the process.
- Exclusion installation. Professionals will sometimes use tubes, netting, and various other tools that allow the pests to leave and not return.
- They are promoting the colony to leave. Your professional might use harmless chemicals, light, or sound to encourage the colony to go. Most wait for the bats to leave since they will go feeding on insects every night.
- They are sealing the entries. Finals steps involve removing the exclusion tools and traps and filling the entry points so they can’t get back in.
In addition to these steps, you may consider installing a bat house to give them somewhere other than your home to roost.
Factors that can Affect the Cost of a Bat Removal
Some of these factors include:
- Multiple bat roosts.
- The number of entry points.
- How much cleanup is needed
- Location of infestation and accessibility.
- The extent of Damage.
When you find bats, you will likely run into other pests or trace pest damage. From critters like raccoons, rats, iguanas, and bats. You can even end up with a flea infestation. Not all pest control companies will deal with bats, and not all bat removal experts deal with other types of pests. If you suspect raccoons, rats, iguanas, or other pests have created the holes for your flying colony, fear. Wildlife Removal Services has a solution for all types of nuisance wildlife – just dial 561-212-9255.
Will Homeowners Insurance Cover Bat Removal Services?
Homeowners insurance usually will not cover bat removal. Please speak with your insurance representative and clarify, but it’s not likely.
The majority of insurance companies will consider it a maintenance problem. Bats will squeeze through holes as little as 1/2 an inch, and it’s your job as a homeowner to secure your premises with screens or coverings.
Accessibility of the Bat Infestation
The location of the colony will play a significant role in determining the bat exclusion costs. The amount varies enough that we can’t give an acceptable range. However, you can expect to pay less for easy to access areas, such as attics. Chimneys, roof tiles, and walls may run a little higher since it’s hard to both access and clean and increase the risk of accidental injury for the wildlife specialist.
Average Bat Guano Removal Cost
It can be quite costly to remove the guano from your home depending on its size and the infestation’s extent and duration.
A couple of things to pay attention to regarding guano cleanup:
- Not all situations require extensive removal. Speak with your bat removal specialist to see if the location and quantity are worth removing.
- Waiting to clean it until the bats vacated. This can take a few weeks to a couple of months to ensure all exclusion repairs work as expected.
- Bat guano is hazardous. Histoplasmosis is an infection resulting from breathing in spores of a fungus that grows in bat guano. Spores can become airborne during the cleanup process or renovation construction.
Bat Exclusion or Extermination
It’s always preferred to remove and exclude any bat colonies rather than exterminating them.
Here are some things to consider:
- It’s usually illegal to exterminate bats, especially during mating season. Depending on your state legislation, the choice may not be yours.
- There arent any approved bat pesticides. Nonlethal bat deterrents are available.
- Some species are endangered. Extermination is illegal in most states, where humane removal and exclusion methods are recommended.
- They provide excellent flying insect control. One bat eats between 5,000 and 9,000 insects in one night or about 1,300 medium-sized insects.
- Poisons and chemical repellants can harm humans and pets. There are currently no chemicals licensed in the United States for use on bats.
Second, to none in the industry, Wildlife Removal Services warranties our bat exclusion services for up to 5 years. So don’t go wasting your time with a bat removal company that is unwilling to guarantee their work.
Give us a call a 561-212-9255 and have your bat problems become a thing of the past.