Should Raccoons Be Considered Dangerous?
There are many wildlife pests in our Boca Raton service area — everything from fluffy and adorable chipmunks to scaly and less than charming snakes. However, the appearance of a wild animal is not necessarily an indication of how friendly it is. Raccoons are a prime example: they’re fuzzy, curious, and they have a wide-eyed stare that might have you believe that these animals are far too innocent ever to do anything wrong. But they can do many disturbing things when they come on to your property. They pushed over your garbage cans and spread it across your yard, they can cause damage to your home, and they can spread fleas, ticks, and other parasites into your yard. They also leave feces and urine as they prowl. And they’ve been known to attack under the right circumstances.
The appearance of raccoons is often the catalyst for an attack. They look like an exotic pet, and can even exhibit the behavior of a pet. A raccoon will also take the food from your fingertips if you feed them, but you should never feed a raccoon.
5 Reasons to Avoid Raccoons
- Wild animals are unpredictable and will attack if they feel threatened.
- Raccoons have sharp teeth and claws and are more than capable of using them to inflict harm. There are countless accounts of children, and adults, being severely injured by raccoon attacks. They are also known to attack dogs and cats, especially during the night.
- Raccoons get into the trash, which can cause them to gather harmful bacteria in their fur. It is never a wise idea to touch a raccoon, even if it is harmless.
- Raccoons are also most frequently linked to reported rabies cases in the United States, rivaled only by bats. All it would take is a single bite, and bites are much more likely if a raccoon has rabies because it would cause raccoons to approach humans, rather than keeping a safe distance.
- It would help if you never made a raccoon feel welcome on your property. They bring far too many problems with them.
When raccoons appear in your yard, it could be exciting. We understand They’re fun to watch, and they look harmless. But, raccoons are anything but harmless. Let our wildlife control specialists here at Rottler reduce the threat of accidental conflict with raccoons and other wildlife pests. It’s all fun and games until an unexpected incident can occur.
For industry-leading wildlife control and removal, along with other pest control in Boca Raton, and the surrounding area, reach out to Wildlife Removal Services for immediate assistance.